Thursday, June 25, 2009

Pirates and Sunshine

I have a new assistant. And maybe a new boyfriend. I think he asked me out on a date - he did invite me to a movie!

This is Caleb. Caleb rocked our photo session in Louise McKinney Park. He had a ton of ideas of where he (and the rest of the family) should pose. This was his most favourite and he was thrilled with the idea of looking like a pirate captaining his ship, the Edmonton Queen Riverboat (although, I think we should maybe call it something a little more pirate-y.) Caleb, I hope you like it!

This is dear Sophie, who is wild and three and opinionated. Here she is smashing glass. I totally dig her!

Sophie playing with here awesome mom, Cherie.

Here is Caleb with his dad, Ryan. I told them to tell stories to each other. I could immediately tell how much time they spend together, by how quickly they got into it, and I and my camera disappeared.

And the family pictures. I do take one or two standard, all looking at the camera type portrait, but I far prefer these.



More of Caleb and Sophie being cool (Caleb picked his own wardrobe too. Love it!)

How beautiful is she?

And, my favourite of the day - the light, the tree fluff like snow, the pose. Big happy-smilie.

It was great to spend a couple of hours with you all. Thanks for all your great ideas and for not freaking out when your kids led down on the sidewalk with me!